[Ardour-Dev] Non-freewheeling export mode in Ardour 3?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Tue Nov 1 03:58:09 PDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 10:23:29AM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> On 11/01/2011 10:14 AM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if there's an option in Ardour 3 somewhere to have it
>> export without using JACK freewheeling mode. This would be very handy in
>> a bunch of cases: when working with hardware synths or running audio
>> through hardware effects, using ALSA MIDI softsynths via a2jmidid, using
>> plugins or apps that are unreliable in freewheeling mode (like
>> jconvolver/IR), etc.
>
> ++
>
> although btw fons claims to have fixed the freewheeling issue in the
> latest release. i haven't managed to test it yet, though.

Indeed that has been fixed.

But what would be the difference with just recording the signals you
want to export on a new track ? In particular if you could request any
track to use a multichannel file format ? The latter seems to be the
thing to ask for.

There are two other things I'd like to see in A3:

- recording / playing external automation data (not related to
  internal or plugin GUI controls),

- An editing mode that allows the equivalent if 3p or 4p editing.

Ciao,

--
FA