[Ardour-Dev] Jack server problem

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sat Mar 19 11:03:38 PDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Fábio Magnoni <fabiohmagnoni at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've downloaded the .tar.gz file and installed
>
> But to install this, I've to remove all the other versions of Jack.
> In /usr/bin -> I have jack and jackd
> In /usr/local/bin/ > Just have jackd

Yep. You've messed up. You have two versions of jack in your system.

You need to clean the version in /usr/local. It was installed by the source
version you compiled and installed. To remove it do "sudo make uninstall" in
the source directory.

To install a version of jack from source, you need to make sure it's not
installed into /usr/local. To do this: ./configure --prefix=/usr . Then
compile & install. It should also be said that it would be a good idea to
remove any jack related packages you've installed using a package manager.
This should be done before installing a new version of jack.

 Sampo