[Ardour-Dev] what linux audio project do you miss?

George Vergis g_vergis at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 19:14:51 PST 2011

Would be nice to have a "Music learning/rehearsal tool" plug-in for a music
player such as Rhythmbox. Rhythmbox has some plug-ins such as RBPitch,
but extending this capability and make the interface more accessible while
playing an instrument would be nice .  I realize some of these features exist in
isolation, but bouncing around different applications while playing an
instrument or learning isn't very practical. I will summarize the list here so
that other can either identify existing capbilities or build up on this list

1) Independently variable pitch, tempo, formant shifting
2) Loop on any pre-defined section(s)
3) Jump to section(s) and jump play list.
4) Isolate instruments (Amplify certain instruments, such as lead guitar,
bass, vocal etc) -- May be a parametric EQ could do the job?
5) Note detection (or approximation) within a key
6) BPM detection or setting and synchronized metronome
7) Improved key bindings to start/stop/loop/jump
8) External foot-switch, midi, sound triggered control for hands free controls.
9) Cue-cards : Notes that can pop-up at various sections of a song
10) Song set rehearsal mode with saved settings for each song in the list (Tempo

offset from original song, pitch shift, song to song delay)

George