[Ardour-Dev] building A3 on OSX; patches

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Dec 4 14:13:10 PST 2011

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:

> I still need patch 0001- explicit typecasts and glib includes - in order to compile it here.
> But it is are only relevant for 64bit (pointer looses precision) and glib >= 0.2.30 (.31?).

oops, sorry i missed that one. will apply.

> Anyway, I still can not create a binary where mouse-interaction with the AU plugin UI works.
> Keyboard interaction with Carbon and Cocoa are OK;  automation tracks and presets work; but sth. seems to be missing to pass mouse-events through from GTK to the swallowed Cocoa or Carbon AU plugin GUI.

works fine here. if you download the beta1a for OS X, does that work
for you in this respect?

> A3 is using 2.24.1 and 2.27.4. I have not yet tried that. Any ideas if that'd be the right track to follow?
> 't might also be related to the OSX 10.5 SDK vs. 10.4u or even sth completely different..

the only version of GTK that is OK to use is the git 2-24-4 branch,
and i have a few patches that are required. i don't have them
organized yet.

> OTOH I'm not really motivated to trace these OSX issues. The video track works fine without AU plugins, yet I could dig a bit if it'd help you down the road.

perfectly fine with me.