[Ardour-Dev] A3 ambiguous file

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Apr 18 09:55:01 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM,  <stroganoff at freckletune.net> wrote:
> I currently have my directory of ardour projects on a raid that is
> soft-linked to two locations on my file system.  (/data/recording and
> home/me/recording)
> I've never had a problem with this setup with A2, and when I started using
> A3 I didn't either.  All of a sudden, however, whenever I open an A3 project
> it pops up with the "ambiguous file" dialogue and asks me whether I want to
> use the wav located at /data or ~.   It asks this for each sound file.  It
> still functions fine once I click through them all.
> How do I get A3 to stop searching around for files?  I've tried editing the
> xml and giving it just one location or changing the location for each file
> listed, but no dice.

the bug just got filed last week. i hope to get it fixed ASAP, though
i can't promise how long that will be. it seems to happen when you
open a session that is located in a directory that is symlinked to a
different partition. sessions that are "really" on a given partition
don't have this issue.

--p