[Ardour-Dev] ardour3 and tranzport?

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Sat Apr 2 00:58:09 PDT 2011

What I can (and will) do is to try to make the current ardour 2.x kernel
based code work also with a3. I would try not to change to much of the
current code, in a second step I would like to add functionality to
configure parameters of the control surface (e.g., time display format).

I am not a programmer, but I am programming a lot, and already had a
look at both ardour Tranzport code and also Mackie control code for
bugfixes.

I can only test with the Tranzport, I don't have an Alpharack and don't
plan to buy one in the near future. I will probably not have time to
work on this before mid of June (there are many gigs to play, Ardour 2.8
recording sessions, and 'real' work before). Until now I used the
patches by Mike from http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=2521 to get
the kernel driver working, and I am using it for about 2 years now
without problems.

If anyone else will work on it before I can do it I don't mind ;-) If by
any chance OSC feedback will be possible until then, I would prefer to
write a Tranzport2OSC standalone driver (similar to
http://vegri.net/tranzport2midi.zip, which is a Tranzport to MIDI
converter with build-in bank switching, written mainly to control ardour
before I got Mike's kernel driver to work).

Thanks a lot, Mike, for your work on the kernel space driver!

Giso