[Ardour-Dev] ardour documentation wiki is back, but...

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sun Oct 17 12:36:44 PDT 2010

hi *!

as you may have noticed, the ardour documentation wiki at
ardour.stackingdwarves.net has been offline for a while, ever since it
suffered massive file system corruption on the very day i was leaving
for a prolonged vacation. i have finally found the time to restore it
and apologize for the long disruption.

the crash happened on aug 4th around noon, and the last usable backup
was from aug 3rd, so if you've been unlucky you may have lost half a
day's worth of your work - sorry for that.

for now you are welcome to browse it, but two caveats apply at this
point in time:

* we're not yet 100% sure that the backup used now was complete and may
have to revert to another snapshot, so the wiki should be considered
volatile - don't edit anything major, at least not without keeping a
local copy of your efforts!

* while the confusion lasts, seablade and me are pondering an upgrade to
daisy-2.4 to get some fixes and new features, so there may be another
downtime shortly.

hopefully, the wiki should be fully operational again by wednesday next
week.

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Elektrofachkraft
Audio and event engineer - Ambisonic surround recordings

http://stackingdwarves.net