[Ardour-Dev] a3: Various feedback

Carl Hetherington lists at carlh.net
Tue Nov 2 09:01:43 PDT 2010

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

Thanks for the reports.

> Here's some feedback from using the latest svn version of ardour3. You
> probably are aware of most of these already but I'm not sure how many
> people are reporting these issues atm.

[snip]

> 4: Cannot copy and paste multiple regions without them getting overlapped.

http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=3517

[snip]

> 6: Have seen some of my automation settings get dropped between crashes.
> Results in some wasted time but not a major hassle as it is pretty obvious
> when they are missing. The actual result is the curve gets set to zero for
> some reason. Would be a major hassle on fiddly sections with a lot of work
> done on them. Suggest this could be a priority bug.

How do you mean "between crashes"?

> 7: Accidentally duplicating a very large number of regions caused some
> strange behaviour after the duplication process was finished. Restarting
> then deleting the regions fixed the issue.

Do you know roughly how many regions you duplicated?  What was the
`strange behaviour'?

> 8: Start and End points are not always saved between crashes. Minor hassle.
> 9: Cannot stretched and already stretched region. That one was a little
> confusing. Maybe a popup would help there.

I can't reproduce this: can you give an exact sequence of steps to
reproduce it?

> 10: Had some funky behaviour with the select/copy tool which doesn't seem
> to have any real logic. Comes and goes between sessions. Hard to replicate
> and confusing to workaround.

Which tool do you mean by `select/copy'?  Can you give any examples of
this `funky behaviour'?

Carl