[Ardour-Dev] connecting to a non-default jack server

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jun 24 17:33:23 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 7:16 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> Since jackd and ardour are from the same stable, I'm surprised
> to see that one of them supports an (essential) option while the
> other seems to ignore its existence.

its clearly a useful feature in some cases.  i suspect that the
overwhelming majority of JACK users are not aware that you can run two
instances of JACK at the same time. but tracker.ardour.org is full of
several hundred other useful features that are also unimplemented. to
see this implemented, it would be wise to file it as a feature request
because otherwise it will probably get lost.