[Ardour-Dev] ardour as audio backend

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jul 25 20:14:11 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is interesting, but overkill for what I want.  The
> "remote control" I'm thinking of is really pretty simple, the most
> complicated part is to tell ardour to load such and such a plugin,
> configure it such and such a way, and ship MIDI from such and such a
> port to it.  If that can be done with menus in the GUI then my
> understanding is that I can already do it with OSC.

this understanding is incorrect.

btw, it is, however, correct, that the architecture inside ardour3
that has been used for MIDI was also designed for generic event
sequencing. its also correct that sequencing non-MIDI events is a low
priority in the minds of everyone actively developing the program at
this time.

--p