[Ardour-Dev] video timeline patch testing

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Jul 17 02:57:56 PDT 2010

On 07/17/2010 01:10 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Ok,  With the latest git pull and after installing iscd into
> /usr/local/bin and enabling port 1554 in my firewall settings I am
> getting results.

/usr/local/bin is not be necessary. You can use the "browse" button to
select the path. but the firewall is a good point. I'll add some notes
of the prev. email to the warning messages.

> I can load a short mpg file and see it displayed on the timeline.

File-size (length) should not matter. I test with >90min movies.

> What specifically would you like tested?

Well, the best test would be to to a soundtrack with it :-)

Zoom-in, zoom-out, scroll the timeline, right-click the video-timeline,
change its height. Play with internal- and JACK-transport. If you start
xjadeo via Menu->View->Video Moitor it should move along in both(!)
modes. Close session/re-open, close ardour/re-start.

How's the feeling? responsive? slow? Are the dialogs too complicated?

If you get xjadeo>=0.4.11 (debian/sid or from source) the window size,
position, full-screen/device etc. will^Wshould be restored.

If you want to dig a bit deeper, test accuracy:
 http://tux.gareus.org/torrents/tsmm_mjpeg-avi_10mins.torrent
contains test-videos (timestamp rendered on each frame) for
23.976, 24, 24.976, 25, 29.97df, 30, 59.94 and 60 fps

TIA,
robin