[Ardour-Dev] video timeline patch testing

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jul 15 20:11:49 PDT 2010

On 07/16/2010 12:29 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> On 07/16/2010 08:41 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have built the patched version of a3 with video timeline support.
>>
>> When trying to import an .avi video I get this error message:
>>
>> "Parsing Video-File info failed. Is the video-server running? Is the
>> file
>> readable by the video-server? Does the docroot match? Is it a
>> video-file?"
>>
>> What should I do to verify those questions?
>>

> Moving a bit further along I have installed the vseq.php script in
> localhost but when I try to load a video I still get the same error in
> the console.
>
> I'll try installing the server next.

Ok, Got it installed and running with

./src/icsdd -C 1024

I am trying to load a short mpg and an avi. Neither formats are loading
and I still get that same error message in the console.

I have also set the docroot to  /home/<user>/Videos/  in the preferences
panel.

The video server is running as root user and the files are world readable.

The "Open Video" dialog is looking for the video in the full path. I'm
not sure if that will create a conflict or not.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd