[Ardour-Dev] Launching Ardour (Mixbus actually) from a command line

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 04:04:17 PDT 2010

Message for Paul or Ben....  I just tried you on IRC but it's probably a bit early yet.

I'm trying to track down a problem for Ben and have just built Mixbus this morning (on Linux).  To track the problem down I needed to add some debugging to print stuff to stderr.

Strangely though, I can no longer launch Ardour (Mixbus) from my command line.  It still launches fine from my desktop icon but if I open a terminal window, navigate to /usr/local/lib/ardour2/ and type "./ardour-2.8.11" I see this error:-

error while loading shared libraries: libardour.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Needless to say, libardour.so is present.  I can see it - and I can launch Mixbus from a desktop icon, so it must be functioning.  Any idea why I can't launch from a command line any more?

Thanks,

John