[Ardour-Dev] testing of 2.X SVN requested

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Jul 3 16:43:37 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 7:32 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> Apart from that, the moment Ardour drops OSX support I'll donate
> 1000 Euros. But not before. When I get a version that only does
> recording, playback and editing and *nothing more* again I'll
> donate 1000 Euros.

that's very noble fons.

the first problem is that every month the OS X user base pays more
than that to have Ardour on their platform. as a result, the
incentives don't really line up.

the second problem is that you used the word "editing", which means
just about anything that a particular user wants it to mean. i have no
doubt that you could provide your own robust definition and stick to
it. but so could hundreds of other people, and most of what is each of
their definitions will have just as good a justification behind as
yours. so what's a poor DAW developer to do?