[Ardour-Dev] bug: exporting TOC in ardour 2.8.7

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Tue Aug 10 00:13:36 PDT 2010

Hi,

before I file a bug report, please allow me to quickly ask if this is a
well known bug fixed in later versions:

When exporting a session and creating a TOC file, some of the tracks are
one CD-frame to short. It seams to appear at most times when the
CD-frame is wrapping arround, e.g.:

..
FILE "master.wav" 05:44:73  02:05:32
START 00:00:00
FILE "master.wav" 07:50:31  02:33:05
START 00:00:00

The length of the first mentioned track should be 02:05:33. The markers
in ardour are at exactly the same place (end of first region and start
of next region), however, they are not snapped to CD-frames. This
results in a short click at the beginning of a new track (at least if
there is a signal at the transition).

I would guess it is a rounding error, but it could also be an off-by-1
mistake.

I could not find something related in the bug tracker, but I well might
have missed it. It is ardour 2.8.7 (with some unrelated local hacks, I
am in the middle of production and will not update until finished).

Cheers!

Giso