[Ardour-Dev] Clicking on the canvas

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Apr 28 13:22:45 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:12 PM, John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Davis" <
> paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
>

>> if its squares, its probably a missing font issue.
>>
>>  That sounds highly plausible Paul.  AFAIK I didn't install any fonts at
> all
> although I remember instaling some font management stuff, such as
> pango and fontconfig.
>
> Is there anywhere in Ardour where I can see a font chooser dialog?  If so,
> should be able to compare which fonts are available in each of my builds.

nope. ardour doesn't have one (we provide no facilities for the user to
choose fonts). GTK has one, but unfortunately it isn't part of the
"canonical" gtk-demo application. so, time to fall back on the fontconfig
command line utilities, particularly fc-list which should have been built
and installed in ~/gtk/inst/bin or wherever your GTK install put  binaries.

--p