[Ardour-Dev] Programming on a Mac

Taybin Rutkin taybin at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 25 16:30:17 PDT 2010

On Apr 25, 2010, at 3:52 AM, John Emmas wrote:

> Is the hash sign hidden somewhere? Or can I program one of the function keys to do this? Or do Mac programmers need to buy themselves a 'proper' keyboard? If so, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative keyboard? Thanks.

It sounds like you're missing the drivers for the apple hardware.  If you installed windows using bootcamp, you should have been prompted to burn a CD with the drivers during the installation.  But it sounds like you set up your dual boot some other way.

This link has some instructions on how to get that drivers CD anyways (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070329224224572).

Or, you can just use a windows keyboard for the mac and it'll usually do the correct thing.

Taybin