[Ardour-Dev] ardour sessions and write permissions

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sat Sep 26 13:07:04 PDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 01:47:37PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> rev 5688 (within 2.0-ongoing) now contains my initial attempt a the
> "full" fix for this. i'd obviously appreciate some feedback.
> thanks to the hotel across the street for the free wifi. one thing i
> don't like is that the visual appearance of rec-enable buttons
> (per-track and global) does not indicate that they are insensitive,
> even though they do nothing if the session is read-only. with this
> fix,  you cannot:
>
>        save
>        snapshot
>        import
>        cleanup
>        rec-enable

Thanks, will try this out later this WE. As long as trying to do
any of these doesn't trigger somehting catastrophic I'd say it's OK.

BTW, while on holiday on Crete I managed to get a wifi connection
to a hotel that was 200m away. It sort of worked, and if I'd really
needed it I could just have installed myself at there smimming pool,
but there were better things to do :-)

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.