[Ardour-Dev] ardour sessions and write permissions

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Sep 26 10:47:37 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
> <nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>> After dismissing the error ardour seems to be operational (at least for
>> playback, did not try anything else).
>
> i've cooked up about 80% of the "full" fix for this issue. i'll commit
> after i get back from my travels this weekend, which involve an
> overnight from the west to the east coast, and then a 12hr drive home
> :(

rev 5688 (within 2.0-ongoing) now contains my initial attempt a the
"full" fix for this. i'd obviously appreciate some feedback.
thanks to the hotel across the street for the free wifi. one thing i
don't like is that the visual appearance of rec-enable buttons
(per-track and global) does not indicate that they are insensitive,
even though they do nothing if the session is read-only. with this
fix,  you cannot:

       save
       snapshot
       import