[Ardour-Dev] ardour sessions and write permissions

Don Fredricks ardour at handsfull.net
Fri Sep 25 00:15:00 PDT 2009

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Why does ardour need write permissions to the session if I just want to
> play something (no editing, nothing) and I'm not the owner? Is this
> something fixable?

I've attached a patch (against current SVN 2.0-ongoing) that should allow
such a session to load. I do not know whether it has any untoward side
effects. I doubt that the read/write permission checks are being done
without a good reason.

This is only a quick and dirty fix; a real solution to the problem will
require more effort. However, if it works, I'd say the problem is most
likely fixable.

Don