[Ardour-Dev] SuperRapidScreenUpdates are neither rapid, nor super.

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Mar 14 09:30:03 PDT 2009

Paul - maybe I should clarify that my motivation to find an alternative
driver is to see if I can reduce the stress that Nick's changes have placed
on my processor (i.e. which is now permanently maxed out while running
Ardour).  I'm not criticising the new scrolling strategy - just trying to
see if I can work with it.  My experience with other graphically intensive
apps is that hardware acceleration often produces a dramatic improvement on
the CPU load.  If that happens in this case - even if the scrolling isn't as
smooth as it was before - it might well leave me with a situation that's
"liveable with."

Regards,

John