[Ardour-Dev] Tranzport Kernel Driver for linux install questions

David Taht d at teklibre.com
Sun Mar 8 10:33:07 PDT 2009

Giso Grimm escribió:
> A few more questions/comments:
>
> - Is it possible to leave the "slave mode" of the scroll wheel?

Not at present. Adding that ability (independent mode) is high on my list.

> - If "No Grid" + "CD frames" is selected, then scroll moves only one
> sample. If I switch to "magnetic" and "CD frames" scroll moves a CD
> frame. Switching snap to "seconds" works independently from the snap
> mode, i.e., even with "no grid".

I found that confusing in ardour too and have to special case the CD
frames code, I didn't realize that the difference existed until I tried
to move around at 96k...

> - How to set the loop-end marker and punch-out marker?

hold down SHIFT-LOOP-ADD  - in precisely that sequence.
or SHIFT-PUNCH-ADD for punch.

It is a little finicky.

> - Is it possible to configure the time display to show minutes/seconds
> (or best any possible time representation) instead of bars/beats?

Another useful feature for slave mode would be to follow the settings of
the primary clock.

SMPTE is in the code just not enabled (no way to switch it)

Another useful feature would be to have the gui control these
configuration options on the tranzport independently but alas last I
looked (a year ago) the interface back into the gui couldn't do that.

Recharging my batteries this morning... plan another major hacking run
later...