[Ardour-Dev] SuperRapidScreenUpdates are neither rapid, nor super.

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Mar 8 08:59:36 PDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at kokkinizita.net>wrote:

> You mean it has no call to set the offset and scale
> (mapping between user coordinates and pixels) in one
> call ?

one other small detail that i wanted to mention here, just for completeness.
we do not use GnomeCanvas scaling *ever*. why not? because it applies
equally to everything on the canvas, and this is generally not what is
desired. you probably already have text and line widths set to the right
values - you don't want zoom to change their visual size.

some newer canvas widgets make it possible to exclude individual items or
whole classes of items from the effect of scaling, but GnomeCanvas is old
enough that it does not.