[Ardour-Dev] CD Marker Export in 2.8

Sakari Bergen sakari.bergen at tkk.fi
Sun Jun 28 12:47:48 PDT 2009

Edgar Aichinger wrote:
> Am Dienstag 09 Juni 2009 schrieb Andreas Ruge:
>
>> Hi Sakari,
>>
>> thanks for the comments.  I've read your blog about the new export
>> dialog and parts of the code.  Great work!  If help is needed for
>> the 3.0 CD export I'm happy to do what I can, my C++ is probably not
>> strong enough for the GUI stuff and some of the more advanced
>> features, but I've been doing a lot of PQ mastering as part of may
>> day job (using all kinds of commercial DAWs).  Anyway, I guess I'll
>> start a thread soon about 3.0 then.
>>
>> Since there are no other comments, I'm just attaching the patch as
>> it is.  Let's see what Paul thinks.
>>

> This patch got applied recently, however I ran into slight trouble with it
> (using .toc marker files): Andreas' patch determines its .toc filename by
> stripping the exported audio file name with Glib::path_get_basename(), and
> then uses the stripped name for the FILE reference inside the .toc, leading
> to something like:

> FILE "export" 00:00:00 00:07:59
>
> while there should be the proper audio file extension added, e.g. export.wav.
>
> Here's my proposal to fix this, as unified diff against export_dialog.cc from
> current svn.
>
> Edgar

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce that behavior, and the code also
looks just fine to me. Glib::path_get_basename() only strips the path
(not extension) and it is used directly on the path of the file to be
exported, so it should always be just what we want.

Even when trying to export the file without an extension, Ardour
automatically adds it (lines 1003-1023 in export_dialog.cc) and I also
get it in the .toc file.

-Sakari-