[Ardour-Dev] Licensing and enforced payments

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 01:22:38 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Davis"
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Dev] Licensing and enforced payments

> this is a non-starter.

Paul - whilst I agree with you, there's no point in the rest of us
continuing to discuss items which you see as being non-starters (and
I suspect there are quite a few of these now ).  The original list had 17
items.  Many of them were un-viable so in theory, it should have reduced by
now.  In fact, the list has grown to 25 items.  People need an indication
now of which options should be abandoned and which are worthy of further
discussion.

Also (perhaps I've missed this along the way) but these two proposals are
still puzzling me:-

6: Made with Ardour CD
7: Ardour Live boot CD

Has anyone explained how these items would generate revenue?  Would they be
commercial products in their own right?  Or would they be promotional items
to be given away with magazines and the like?  If it's the latter, I've
missed some important points:- 1)  who's going to fund their production and
distribution;  and 2)  how will they ultimately generate new revenue?

John