[Ardour-Dev] Funding: Build and Sell Hardware

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jan 22 21:24:03 PST 2009

Mark Knecht wrote:
> I think the value is in having the people behind it more than just the
> software. Maybe it's a way for people with different talents and
> interests to make different contributions - making and testing racks,
> doing documentation, running a forum, I don't know.

This is the most important promotional factor for this idea.

> Maybe there's some opportunity to get something like this discussed in
> TapeOp? Give a copy to a few of the writers. Or to get Dave Philips to
> do some sort of Linux magazine reviews to get the word out? Not yet
> obviously, but as a way to start the ball rolling later.

Definitely. Even if we spend some money on classified ads in the rags.

It's a slow process but if we have a working system and we give people
the option I think it will become a solid business. I don't know if it
would be lucrative.

Does anyone know of any other companies offering this kind of service
specifically for the studio market?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.