[Ardour-Dev] Licensing and enforced payments

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jan 22 19:06:09 PST 2009

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>>> obviously true, but totally orthogonal if not diametrical to all the
>>> ramble about code locks, integrated browsers (knock, knock - anyone
>>> home?) and paid-for svn access.
>>>
>> Every single time you respond to me you try to suggest I am an idiot. If
>> it happens again I'm going to buy a ticket to LAC just so I can fight
>> you face to face.
>>

> to use your word, yes i do think the options i listed above are somewhat
> idiotic (as in, not considering all the facts or the obvious
> disadvantages). so what? i have publicly made very questionable
> statements in the past. that doesn't make you or me an idiot (as in: a
> person incapable of anything but idiotic stuff). sorry if my choice of
> words makes it seem like a personal attack, it was not intended as such.

I am not saying I want these things to happen. I am simply taking the
line that they need to be fully discussed before they are written off.
As no one else seems to be prepared to wear the black hat for this topic
I am doing it.

I don't actually want to fight anyone.

I have noticed a theme with your responses to posts over the past few
months that I am quite frankly tired of hearing. I hope you are now
aware of this and will be more careful about your wording from now on.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.