[Ardour-Dev] Licensing and enforced payments

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 08:43:50 PST 2009

JACK'n the thread but...

I discussed producing an Ardour manual with a publisher a couple years ago. While we seemed to conclude that there isn't a market to justify producing a manual, he assured me that being down with the cause is a consideration. At that time there wasn't an Ardour for OS X. Of course, there wasn't a recession.

I suppose a manual isn't being considered because most of us know how much work is required to produce a quality document. The upside is that the investment is not money. The downside is it's time. Time that perhaps is most wisely invested into improving Ardour.