[Ardour-Dev] Funding: Build and Sell Hardware

Hans Baier hansfbaier at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:09:19 PST 2009

My idea is building a piece of hardware like that:

Take expresscard, put in a number of ICE1712
and some nice DAC/ADC together with a MIDI chip,
(perhaps make it modular to being able to add more ICEs, if needed),
find someone in China, Malaysia (or I can find one here in Indonesia)
who assembles it.
Bundle with ardour, write an ASIO/Coreaudio driver. Sell it.
Let the gain go into a foundation.

Pauls URL is linuxaudiosystems.com.
That name always suggested hardware to me, too.

Off-topic: (Perhaps ask M-Audio / RME for sponsorship that paul
recommends their
hardware. I bought a 1010lt because of that....)

Cheers,
Hans