[Ardour-Dev] funding priorities

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Tue Jan 20 00:17:35 PST 2009

On Jan 20 08:13:07, Quentin Harley wrote:
> The reason we are in the situation we are in now is because software
> became so expensive to start off with.

What? "(comercial) software became expensive", and
that's why Ardour is short of funds?

> Students and upstarts cannot afford these, and then just rips it off.
> We now have a whole generation of "Try before buy" users that do not
> even think about the fact that they are part of the reason software
> is becoming even more expensive to cover costs...

Aha. So, if people download my software from torrents instead of buying
it from me, I will make it more expensive. That will solve the problem.

> These guys sees Ardour, and does not think twice to use it for free
> without donating.  Why should they if they are stealing other software
> as well.

So not donating to an opensource project is
like stealing other software, right?
Way to get more subsribers!

	Jan