[Ardour-Dev] Website upgrades

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 21:07:02 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Patrick Shirkey <
pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> Thomas Vecchione wrote:
>
>> At the moment there are already upgrades happening in the background I
>> have been told, so I haven't looked to closely at specific work.
>>  Drupal/Mantis integration has some work already done on it in fact in the
>> Drupal world(bugbits IIRC is the name of the module, currently being ported
>> to D6, will skip D5), but until other tings are done I can't look to closely
>> at it to know whether that would work for us or not.
>>
>>  It seems Paul or someone else is working on a more integrated system.
>  I'm happy to assist with the code.
>
> I think it would be helpful to identify the exact issues that need to be
> fixed in the Mantis system.
>
> 1: The front page doesn't show the (top 10) pledged amounts or monies
> received for Mantis bugs/requests
> 2: When making a pledge it should be possible to donate immediately
> 3: We need a target cost for each bug and feature request so that we can
> see how close the pledges and donations are to the goal. When the goal is
> reached it should be scheduled for development.
> 4: When a pledge is fulfilled it should be made visible on the front page.
> Maybe a seperate module with the total amount paid and target for dev which
> clicks through to a breakdown of how many people have contributed/pledged
> and optionally their names. It could be an option to have your name
> displayed when you make the payment/pledge.
>

> The above would go along way to making the system more dynamic and
> transparent which should encourage more people to contribute and most
> importantly to contribute regularly.

The problem, and it is already known, is that what you have described is
more than coding issues.  It has to do with how to handle the money, and how
to pay out to individual developers.  There are many options, but many of
the more suitable options require a better infrastructure than is currently
availiable form Ardour at a financial level.  This would affect paying out
to devs individually, as well as handlin pledges so that they aren't paid
until the functionality it fulfilled, but is set aside on the pledge.

         Seablade