[Ardour-Dev] Funding from Major sponsor/patron

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Jan 18 21:22:50 PST 2009

Hi,

Here's a few items that relate to each other with regards to major level
funding:

1: Grants
10: Glossy brochure for trade shows
11: Advertising in industry magazines
12: Celebrity endorsement
13: Approaching State run media companies with Ardour as a industry
grade product.
14: Funding from a well resourced Patron
15: Funding from a Company in the entertainment/media business

I think a lot of the work required to accomplish any of the above is
quite similar. The main things that need to be done are: creating
documentation, getting a meeting/booth and pitching the concept to get
the client on board.

Jorn has offered to compile a glossy brochure. We also need to get some
press releases together. Is there anyone who is available to start
writing a press release? I will be happy to assist and will even write
it myself if no one else has some time and energy to contribute.

We will also need to get contact details for the companies and clients
we want to pitch to and the publications we want to send the press
release to. Please start thinking of the places we need to contact so we
can create a publicity/contact list for releases.

I think we will need a couple of different angles for the press release
and brochure so that we don't isolate the product to a specific niche.

We will need volunteers who can make presentations in their area when we
get clients interested in seeing the presentation. So if you are
interested in doing a presentation please let us know.

If you have time to man a booth at a trade show in your area also let us
know. Make sure you keep an eye out for the coming events and let us
know about them so we can prepare all the documentation in advance. At
least 2 weeks notice will be enough once we have the fundamentals in
place but 6 weeks is best otherwise we will be rushing to get things done.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.