[Ardour-Dev] Alsa works, Ardour/Jack fails

Geoff Beasley geoff at laughingboyrecords.com
Mon Jan 12 21:46:53 PST 2009

On Tuesday 13 January 2009 16:08:57 Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Mike Mazarick wrote:
> > I’m into a rather unusual problem, and would like a pointer towards
> > how to diagnose the issue further.
> >
> > I have 4 soundcards with 8 channels each (drivers are not in the Alsa
> > tree yet), which are sync’d together to behave as one sound card.

what cards Mike? I run 4 C-Ports as one using an asoundrc file to link them
together into a multi array using the alsa multi plugin. The cards must clock
off a master via spdif,AES/EBU or Toslink. Otherwise crash city with lots of
whitenoise thrown in for good measure....you are syncing the cards together?

check out John Riggs' brilliant site

http://www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html

best,

g.