[Ardour-Dev] Midi communications problems

Quentin Harley qharley at wbs.co.za
Tue Feb 3 13:18:15 PST 2009

Hans Baier wrote:
> 2009/2/3 Quentin Harley <qharley at wbs.co.za>:
>
>> I am now trying to find the problem of long standing bug 0002419 myself, and
>> I have a hypothesis on the cause of the problem.
>>
> The problem might be gone in 3.0.
> Could you confirm this for 3.0?
> If it still persists, I will look into it.

I am having a hard time getting feedback to work in 3.0.  I have enabled
all the normal settings, and the feedback does not even light up on my
midi interface.

The values pulled from my desk (this worked in 2.0 ongoing) are now only
0dB right at the top of movement (should be +6dB) and -36.2dB right
before it jumps to infinity at the bottom of movement.

MTC is also skewed.  While transport and desk starts at 0, the desk
reads 18:16 frames while ardour is on 20:01 frames

Looks like 3.0 is not quite ready yet... :-)
Sure the issue does not exist in 3.0, because the issue cannot be
recreated at the moment.

Perhaps I just need a bit of advise to get it running in 3.0.  For
instance, how do you use the midi connection interface in 3.0?