[Ardour-Dev] svn revision corresponding to last stable release

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Apr 7 11:35:07 PDT 2009

El dt 07 de 04 de 2009 a les 14:17 -0400, en/na Paul Davis va escriure:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Pau Arumí <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > a very simple question: what is the best way to obtain the svn revision
> > corresponding to the last stable version? I'd like to use svn instead of
> > tarballs.
> > I've not found that number at the news or download section. Is there a
> > log/CHANGES file in the repository?
>
> not really. the tags "tree" might be the simplest way to find out,
> since we copy the relevant version there each time there is a release.
>
>      svn log http://subversion.ardour.org/svn/tags/2.8 | more
>
> or something like that.
>
> but i'm confused. why would you want to use svn if all you want is the
> precise version matching a recent release? why not just use the
> release. otherwise, just use the relevant branch (3.0 or 2.0-ongoing)

Well, it's just what it feels more natural to me. For example, to allow
quick transitions from latest svn version to last stable point (to avoid
regressions, or to write patches) or the other way around (to take
advantage of fixes), without having to do a complete checkout/tarball
download.