[Ardour-Dev] svn revision corresponding to last stable release

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Apr 7 11:17:17 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Pau Arumí <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a very simple question: what is the best way to obtain the svn revision
> corresponding to the last stable version? I'd like to use svn instead of
> tarballs.
> I've not found that number at the news or download section. Is there a
> log/CHANGES file in the repository?

not really. the tags "tree" might be the simplest way to find out,
since we copy the relevant version there each time there is a release.

     svn log http://subversion.ardour.org/svn/tags/2.8 | more

or something like that.

but i'm confused. why would you want to use svn if all you want is the
precise version matching a recent release? why not just use the
release. otherwise, just use the relevant branch (3.0 or 2.0-ongoing)

--p