[Ardour-Dev] moving meters (issue #2377)

Julian Squires julian at cipht.net
Wed Sep 17 12:48:29 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre at gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I've seen Ardour report weird
> positions like these to JACK transport, too. As far as I remember, this
> happened with a simple 4/4 meter as well. Definitely seems broken to me...

Yeah.  So, attached is a patch which seems to fix these problems for
me, and in my opinion, calculates the BBT value more sanely, although
I can still see that there is much room for error there (note also the
caveats in my comments in the patch).  Also, I realize now that I've
neglected to look for an ardour style guide in writing this code, so
please excuse my deviations from the preferred style.  If there's
interest in accepting my patch, I don't mind doing some extra work to
make it acceptable, I just wanted to get this out there for comments
first.

Cheers,

--
Julian Squires