[Ardour-Dev] Time to give FLAC some flak ??

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 01:17:26 PDT 2008

Yesterday I inadvertantly managed to upgrade FLAC from its previous version
(1.1.2) to the latest version (1.2.1).  Unfortunately, in between the two
versions, FLAC's API has changed significantly.  Unless I've missed
something (which is entirely possible) the author appears to have made
little effort (in fact, no effort) to make the new API backwards compatible.
This has pretty much broken anything that used to rely on the old API (such
as Ardour 2.5, which I'm currently running).

Fortunately, I'd only just made a complete backup of my hard drive so it's
a trivial matter to return to what I had previously - but I just wondered if
this is known about?

Regards,

John