[Ardour-Dev] Need a 32 bit Ardour (with VSTs) on an x86_64 linux system

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Nov 30 13:19:13 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 16:13 -0500, Mike Mazarick wrote:
> I’ve been searching for a clean way to compile the source and install
> a 32 bit binary/libraries for 2.7 Ardour on my 64 bit Fedora CCRMA

I very very much doubt if you can get ardour's current build system to
cross-compile without several nasty hacks.

also, ardour does not use "configure && make && make install" - it uses
scons.

you should check the ARCH option to scons, which theoretically allows
you to set all compiler flags. i don't know if it will work for
cross-compilation. it might.

but - you will need 32 bit versions of every library ardour uses, and
that may not be trivial either.

i think you may be pursuing a less than worthwhile goal.

(other parts answered separately)

--p