[Ardour-Dev] waveform display for master track

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Fri Nov 21 11:20:54 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 07:54:48PM +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 06:14:45PM +0100, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
>
> > the GUIless thing would already be very nice for H104 and Fons.
>
> I could use a GUI-less playback only version in the WFS
> system when it is in the unattended 'museum exhitbit'
> mode, but it's not a big deal. Ardour runs on the master
> machine only, and that one is not headless. In this mode
> the 'users' don't see Ardour, all they have is a player
> style remote control on a separate machine. This talks OSC
> to the master app, which in turn controls Ardour via Jack's
> transport.

thats exactly what i meant.
currently you still need someone/something logged into
your master machine and have an X server running.

not a big deal, i know.
its just a minor tweak.
as in system can resume to museum mode automatically, when
no user is logged in.

its almost impossible to forget to log out. but someone might forget
to turn on museum mode.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language