[Ardour-Dev] Building 2.7

Chris Ross chris at tebibyte.org
Fri Nov 21 03:19:35 PST 2008

According to http://ardour.org/building
"scons --help" in the top level directory of Ardour will give a list of
the parameters. However in my case it simply says

chris at happy 11:05:49 ardour-2.7 $ scons --help
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for pkg-config version >= 0.8.0... yes
Checking for gthread-2.0... yes
Checking for lrdf... yes
Checking for libgnomecanvas-2.0... yes
Checking for gtk+-2.0... yes
Checking for jack... no
jack >= 0.109.0 not found.
You do not have the necessary dependencies required to build ardour
Please consult http://ardour.org/building for more information

What I wanted it to do was list the parameter I needed to tell it to use
the jack installed in /usr/local (0.109.2) instead of the standard SuSE
one. I don't want to uninstall the SuSE one for dependency reasons.

Also, didn't there use to be a DOCUMENTATION directory or did that get
built by scons?

Regards,
Chris R.