[Ardour-Dev] waveform display for master track

John Rigg arddev at sound-man.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 07:31:38 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 09:25:04PM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> The process of exporting the mix is effectively recording it by saving
> the master wavefile to disk.

OK. I guess I've been thinking of Ardour as a tape recorder substitute.
Usually I mix down to a stereo track (mixing either in Ardour or
on an analogue desk). Then the stereo mix is edited and mastered
in a separate operation. It only gets exported to a lower resolution
format like CD right at the end, and I keep a high res file of the
master just in case it's required later. Obviously not everyone works
this way. Interesting discussion.

John