[Ardour-Dev] Using OSC to Provide IPC to Other Applications

Ryan Scott ryan at vicarious-living.com
Fri Mar 14 13:26:24 PDT 2008

I've put together a patch that has Ardour send OSC messages out on
specific application actions (e.g. session load/save/export).  A helper
script can then be used to do all of the necessary hacky crap to
interface with external programs such as Lame, Rosegarden, Fluidsynth, etc.

It works well, but I'm looking for some feedback regarding the
implementation.

The ticket including the patch is here:
    http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=2071

Let me know if you'd rather I attach the patch in a mail.

-ryan (PaC0666)