[Ardour-Dev] SVN 3134

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 19:20:01 PDT 2008

This was something that had stopped me for quite some time from compiling
ardour from svn . I use jack from the ubuntu repositories, and ardour always
seems to be ahead of them. For about 1 month, I was able to compile ardour
with  libjack-0.103.0 from the gutsy repositories... but no longer.  Now it
seems that, once again, if I want to use anything other later than 2.41
(which had lots of bugs in my experience), I need to uninstall all
ubuntu/ubuntu-studio packages and compile from source.  What a drag.. so
much that I gave up on beta-testing ardour.

It is one thing that the 3.0 branch is using jack from svn, but why make
2-ongoing depend on unstable packages as well? What happens when 2.5 comes
out and no one can use it because their jack version isn't new enough?

Maybe there are steps to be taken before this happens that I am unaware of.

-rich