[Ardour-Dev] SMPTE track

plutek-infinity plutek at infinity.net
Wed Jul 9 12:31:40 PDT 2008

>From: Florian Faber <faber at faberman.de>

>I'm looking for a way to interpret a track containing a SMPTE timecode
>_as_ timecode. I couldn't find any means in ardour itself nor the web,
>so:
>
>- Is there a way to interpret a track as timecode?
>
>- If not, what would be the best way? Adding a track mode "SMPTE TC",
>interpreting the included data and importing it?

hi florian!

you might want to be in touch with robin gareus <robin at gareus.org> about this. a while ago, i was looking for similar tools and he was working on jltc & libltcsmpte, which read and generate LTC (linear timecode -- SMPTE timecode recorded as audio, which i think is what you're talking about), displaying running timecode in sync.

i got busy, and didn't pursue it much, so i'm not sure what the current state of his work is.

cheers!

--
.pltk.