[Ardour-Dev] Overlaps & crossfades

Quentin Harley qharley at wbs.co.za
Sat Jan 5 04:49:46 PST 2008

John Anderson wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 09:45 +0200, Quentin Harley wrote:
>
>> I have recently used region transparency to fix the intensity of
>> sibilants in a choral recording
>>

> That's interesting. What exactly did you do?

After doing a few takes of a troublesome piece, the choirmaster
demonstrated what the ending sibilant on a word should sound like. The
choir, too set in their ways got it wrong again... No problem.

I have the habit of recording the whole session - the wobbly bits
included. So I copied out the the demonstration sibilant (over all the
channels), made it transparent, and stuck it where it should have been.

The alternative would have been to create a whole new set of tracks and
to stick it underneath - too much work entirely!

Cheers,
Quentin