[Ardour-Dev] audible noise at end of crossfades

Quentin Harley qharley at wbs.co.za
Sun Feb 10 21:53:00 PST 2008

Giso Grimm wrote:
> In ardour 2.1 (and earlier versions) sometimes an audible click occurs
> at the end of long crossfades. I reported this as bug #1737 a few month
> ago; now I was able to reproduce it with version 2.1 if (and only if)
> the earlier region is higher than the later region.

I have seen it also in the recent 2.3 version.  My current workaround is
to select "Later is higher" in the Layering dialog, under Options.

While this is a perfect solution for the type of editing I do, it is
possible that this approach would not be ideal for some other styles of
editing.  Hope it works for you.

Cheers,
Quentin