[Ardour-Dev] Ardour GUI strings

Piotr Zaryk pzaryk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 01:28:40 PDT 2008

I meant that Ardour uses GTK and GNOME GUI standards would be welcome. I
think we
shold set some rules how to design Ardour GUI. It is changing on every
Ardour release.

It's obvious because Ardour is still in development but I think some rules
could prevent the mess in the interface and could simplify it. That, in fact
will make writing Ardour documentation easier.

2008/4/13, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com>:

> Since when is Ardour exclusively "part of GNOME"? IMHO that's something
> very minor, but I definitely agree on the KISS principle of
> language and navigation although I'm not a developer. Doesn't look like a
> priority, but may be suitable for the TODO list.
>
> On 13/04/2008, Piotr Zaryk <pzaryk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I have a little suggestion for the Ardour GUI. For a professional
> > look and usability it would be great to change a few things: do not repeat
> > words in the interface that are included in the tab name or higher category
> > (for ex. menu Edit>Nudge>(Nudge) Forward). The 'nudge' in the bracket should
> > be removed. Im am a member of a professional GNOME/Mozilla translators team
> > Aviary.pl and our standards include this recommendation. Ardour is a part of
> > GNOME and the standards tells about KISS and the language economy. The Less
> > words, the more interface is clear and professional.
> >     I could change the strings myself but would like to know how to do
> > that. Should I use Glade and edit some files or only the change of a pot
> > file is needed?
> >     What do you thing about it?
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards,