[Ardour-Dev] 2.4 lock edit issue

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Apr 3 14:32:33 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 04:21:49PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> > - can't just _link_ a WAV file when imported
>
> Check Options -> Misc Options -> Always copy imported files

Is there a good reason why this defaults to 'On' (also in 2.3) ?

For me this is a real PITA:

- the files I import are usually huge (multichannel,
  classical music, so >> 3 min),
- each time I accidentally make a copy, undoing the
  result is a real pain,
- there is a second 'Copy imported file' option in the
  import dialog anyway.

I don't mind if the latter defaults to 'enabled', as I'm
reminded of it when importing, so I'll reset it when that's
what I want. But the one in the options menu is much too
easy to forget, and it blocks the one in the import dialog.

Ciao,

--
FA

Parma, Italia