[Ardour-Dev] Region "Lock Position" feature

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Sep 30 10:30:00 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 13:05 -0400, Dan Tepper wrote:
> Back in May, I had requested/proposed a "Lock Position" feature for
> regions (see below). I saw a post from Paul indicating he had written
> the code and added it to the SVN trunk (see below).
>
> I pulled down that version at that time and did indeed see the feature,
> but the SVN release did not work properly for me and I went back to the
> "stable" releases. I assumed the feature would be available soon enough.
>
> I just downloaded version 2.1 and I was a bit disappointed that this
> feature still isn't included. I'm not really up on the differences
> between "stable" "ongoing" and "svn" from a development standpoint, but
> considering Paul implemented the feature in one day, I don't understand
> why 5 months later its still not available in an official release.

time is the only reason.

although we planned to backport several things from trunk (unstable) to
2.0-ongoing, it was never our intent to backport everything that was
done there (in some cases, it would be impossible).

in this particular case, i've just been too busy with work relating to
the OS X native version, and other features relating to the SAE version,
to think about back-porting this from trunk to 2.0-ongoing.

once we hit the 2nd half of october, my focus will shift towards
"reintegrating" what is currently in trunk and 2.0-ongoing (where lots
and lots of changes have been implemented). i can't promise that it will
be backported then either, but it might.

--p